“Out of desperation – I reached out to The Lucy Rose Clinic! I am so glad I did, my life is turning around for the better. Feel so much better & I have only begun my journey back to health. Thank you for everything so far. My energy levels are better, I am sleeping better & life is better. I am looking forward to continuing this way. Thank you, Thank you!!!”
Could It Be Your Thyroid?
Have you ever been CLINICALLY Investigative healthcare. Clinical assessment provides a deep understanding of the biochemistry and drivers of disease through blood, saliva and urinary tests. We all have an individual makeup and we put the puzzle together for targeted treatment through:Book a FREE Thyroid Phone Consult with a Qualified Expert
tested for a thyroid problem? The thyroid controls every cell in the body, so optimal health begins with your thyroid.
- Comprehensive and detailed case take of signs and symptoms
- In depth functional testing - we have our own lab. We test markers that result in biochemical outcomes to establish the root cause of the symptoms.
- Skilled interpretation to re-establish a balanced biochemistry through a personalised treatment plan, ongoing support and adjustments
Time to take the first step...
Are Your Hormones Causing Your Weight Gain & Fatigue?
The thyroid manages speed in the body, including metabolism Book a FREE Thyroid Phone Consult with a Qualified Expert
The breakdown of food and its transformation into energy. Slow fuel consumption leads to a low output of available energy.. Slow metabolism leads to stubborn weight issues and fatigue.
Are You Ready To Get Your Life Back?
Book a FREE Thyroid Phone Consult with a Qualified Expert
- Comprehensive functional testing We test for biochemical, nutritional, metabolic and hormonal status. We test markers that result in a biochemical outcome, so that we can establish the root cause of the symptoms. An example would be the blood marker “homocysteine” – this shows us if you have a detoxification issue and make it hard for you to break down fat cells. to establish the underlying drivers of your health concerns for targeted individualised treatment We prescribe personalised supplements through a compounding pharmacy, made specifically for you, using the best form of the nutrient and the best dose for your biochemistry, based on your test results. We blend herbal formulas for your individual needs in our dispensary. We will send you a document after every consultation outlining what we are prescribing and how to take it and why you need it because education and empowerment are two of our key values. We personalise your dietary requirements and exercise recommendations. We will also work with you on goal setting, mindset and will support you all the way to your end result!
- Personalised, integrative We use the best of both complementary and western medicine to get results. We approach the thyroid naturally first with careful and thorough testing for targeted treatment of your biochemistry. As a last resort we refer to GP’s if we feel medications are needed. We understand the medications and can work in with your GP., evidence-based treatment for ease and compliance
- Results focus through support, accountability We understand that change can be challenging and every individual has a different speed at which they can make changes. We are here to support you and keep you accountable to the changes you need to make. We are are here for you every step of the way to help you achieve your health goals. and education
Are You One Of The 40% Of People Who Have A Thyroid Problem?
Did you know that thyroid imbalance is the number one driver of chronic disease? Book a FREE Thyroid Phone Consult with a Qualified Expert
The first symptoms are fatigue and weight gain …
What Others Say About Us
“I was feeling very stressed, not sleeping. Have lost 20kg in only a few months.I had very sore legs and arms and very bad post-natal depression. Now feeling lots better, no post-natal depression, leg & arm pain nearly gone, sleeping better.”
“Happy to date. I feel as though I’m finally getting some answers and seeing improvements. I’m feeling better already width the slight changes I’m implementing. Christine has been very helpful and educating.”
“Dietary changes have been easier than I ever imagined.I am feeling well. Losing weight eating more.”
How can you really achieve optimal health?
“… Anyone can be brought up to the top of their constitutional capabilities when tested adequately for thyroid hormone. This would only be done by clinical assessment.” – Sir Richard Ian Samuel Bayliss, Physician to the Queen.
- We can get you the results you want with your health
- We will be there every step of the way
- We offer a skilled and in depth clinical assessment to personalise your treatment and finely tune your biochemistry and hormonal system
- We are a team of fully qualified and highly skilled naturopaths with a focus and clinical expertise in thyroid health.
- We are at the forefront of evidence -based integrative health, using the best of both complementary and conventional health care
As Seen In
Are You Suffering From Any of The Following?
If so, you could have a thyroid problem.
7 Secrets To Managing Thyroid Weight Gain, Hormones & Fatigue
What is the thyroid?
The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped hormonal gland that sits at the front of your throat. It sits just below your Adams apple and has two lobes that rest on either side of your windpipe. The thyroid gland produces thyroid hormones (T4, T3, T2, T1 and calcitonin) and the body converts the inactive form of thyroid hormone, T4, into T3, the hormone that does all the work.
The thyroid is like the conductor at the orchestra if you like; it manages cellular speed in the body. It controls your weight, energy, mood, temperature and even your memory! Your thyroid also works closely with your blood sugar system and the adrenal glands (the stress and energy centres of the body) to regulate energy.
Overall, the thyroid gland is responsible for the speed of cellular function, known as metabolism (metabolic and chemical processes) in your body. This includes reflex speed, heart speed, mental speed and detox speed to name a few. Your thyroid hormone tells every cell in your body what to do, when to do it and how efficiently to do it. It regulates all the other hormones in the body and is therefore essential for life, growth and development.
Get rid of your addictive sugar cravings by identifying what’s causing them, and learn how to make sure they don’t come back! Cutting out those hidden sugars is the very first step in weight management!
Frequently Asked Questions
To get a better understanding of how The Lucy Rose Clinic can help here are a few of the most commonly asked questions
At The Lucy Rose Clinic we specialise in treating thyroid and related hormonal conditions. Using modern diagnostics and skilled interpretation, our goal is to identify the root causes of disease, and then treat them.
We use an integrative approach (both conventional and complementary health solutions) to get you back to feeling yourself again. Click here to see what treatments we offer
Did you know that if you are low in iodine you will have an under functioning thyroid gland? By testing for and then treating iodine deficiency, we are able to correct many thyroid imbalances and get you back to excellent health.
At this time, complementary medicine is not eligible for rebates.
Our practitioners offer various supplements and liquid herbs along with compounded nutrients that are made up by a compounding pharmacy, specifically for you.
No, they are naturopaths, medical herbalists and nutritionists.
We also work with a panel of integrative doctors, in order to ensure efficient referrals as needed.
At The Lucy Rose Clinic we want to to get a better understanding of your symptoms. Our Support Team will ask you a few questions to help better understand what treatments will best suit you.
Unfortunately not. The standard blood tests for assessing thyroid function, only show how much hormone we have in the blood, not how well they are working. You may have adequate levels of thyroid hormones in your blood, but if they aren’t properly working, it won’t matter! Additionally, around 75% of thyroid hormone is stored in the muscle and brain tissue, NOT in the blood, so it can be difficult to see the whole picture when assessing the blood. An example of two of the many functional tests we run would be iodine and Reverse T3. If you have a deficiency of iodine, you will be unable to make thyroid hormone and if you have a high Reverse T3, your thyroid hormone will not be able to work, even if your thyroid hormone levels are good. It requires a deeper understanding of the contributing factors to thyroid health and the full picture of functional tests required to get a true picture of how your thyroid hormones are actually working.
Requires taking your temperature first thing in the morning before getting out of bed. Your temperature must be taken at the same time every day to provide accurate results. These results should taken to and consulted with a trained professional.
The thyroid plays a key role in your body. It’s like a conductor, directing every cell in your body, including those in the central nervous system, heart, liver, kidneys, skin, bone and muscles.
Among its most important functions is the control of the rate of metabolism, which of course impacts weight. Thyroid hormones tell every cell in the body how quickly, efficiently and effectively to do their jobs, including how quickly you think, lose weight and detox. Without a well-functioning thyroid gland you may experience a myriad of symptoms, the most common of which include weight gain, fatigue, muscle pain and hair loss.
Want to know more
Feel free to contact us any time