This recipe is a spicy, chewy, no added sugar cookie recipe loaded with the taste of Christmas. YUM!! Plus it is low calorie, gut friendly, and packed with fiber – what a perfect snack!
AIP Banana Pumpkin Cookies
Around 12 cookies
- 1 medium banana ripe
- 3/4 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 6 chopped pitted dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder or 1 tsp finely grated ginger root – more if you love ginger
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F).Use a blender, food processor or stick blender to mix all ingredients except the dates
- Add the pitted and chopped dates to the batter and stir gently with a spoon.
- Line a cookie tray with bleach free baking paper
- Place a spoonful of the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet. These will not rise, so flatten them to the size cookie you want. The batter will be wetter than regular cookie dough. Use the spoon to shape the batter into a flat circle cookie shape. Repeat until all of the batter is used.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 – 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Store in freezer for 3 months.
- Store in fridge for 7 days
NUTRITION per cookie
Calories: 46kcal Carbohydrates: 11g Protein: 1g Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 1g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 1g Sodium: 26mg Potassium: 92mg Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Vitamin A: 2390IU Vitamin C: 2mg Calcium: 8mg Iron: 1mg
Get Science Based Health Planning
Need help figuring out the right diet for YOU? We will guide you with scientific food intolerance testing, whilst also taking into account your immune health status, genetic individualities, and health goals.
Book a consult and we can discuss your symptoms and devise a strategy to get you feeling great!
We can chat with you about your symptoms and help figure out if you need more investigative care around your health.