Make it savory or sweet – this is a great Autoimmune Paleo Reset breakfast recipe! Serve with a protein shake to keep your leptin in line.
Being Autoimmune Paleo, it is also free from nuts, gluten, dairy, seeds, yeast, and nightshades.
This recipe makes 2 big waffles.
- 1 waffle maker or iron
AIP Pumpkin Spice Ingredients
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder (3 grams)
- ½ tsp ginger powder (1 gram)
- pinch mace powder
- 2 tsp gelatin (4 grams)
- 2 tblsp hot water 30ml
- 1 cup cassava flour (110 grams)
- Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar (2 grams)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 grams)
- 1 1/2 tsp reserved pumpkin spice
- 1 1/2 tblsp coconut oil (20 grams) melted
- 2 tblsp honey plus a bit more to drizzle
- 2 tblsp pumpkin puree (30 ml)
- ½ cup boiling hot water
Topping Used In Photo
- 1/2 banana sliced before serving
- 1/4 cup blue berries
- Honey drizzle
- Prepare a small batch of pumpkin spice by combining the spices in a small bowl. Set aside.
- If you have no pumpkin puree, boil about an apple size of pumpkin until very soft, drain, and then mash with the back of a spoon. You won’t need all of it so remember to measure it out after mashing.
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder over two tablespoons of hot water in a small bowl. Set aside to keep warm.
- Mix the cassava flour, salt, cream of tartar, baking soda, and pumpkin spice in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, honey, and pumpkin puree. Stir in the gelatin mixture and the 1/2 cup of hot water. Then add to the flour mixture, stirring continuously until you achieve a thick slurry consistency. Add more boiling water if needed to achieve the desired consistency.
- Heat a greased waffle maker. Add the batter, cooking the waffles until crispy. Remove carefully and serve with sliced banana, blue berries, and a drizzle of honey.
Get creative with your toppings: Some ideas:
- Crispy bacon
- Sliced banana and blueberries
- A big dollop of Coconut Yogurt
Serve with a protein shake to reach the ideal 15-20 grams of protein for breakfast time. If you are on the Autoimmune Paleo protocol, choose a dairy-free collagen powder.
Calories: 821kcal Carbohydrates: 146g Protein: 12g Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 19g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 1g Sodium: 574mg Potassium: 606mg Fiber: 6g Sugar: 40g Vitamin A: 4661IU Vitamin C: 16mg Calcium: 210mg Iron: 8mg
Need help figuring out the right diet for YOU?
We can help with a functional health approach!
If you would like to take up our offer of a free call – CLICK HERE
OR you can always call us at 1300 THYROID.