Whether you are on AIP (autoimmune Paleo) or not, this breakfast will spice up your breakfast routine!
A warming grain free porridge with cinnamon flavours, and a chewy oat-like texture. It is full of fiber, nutrition, and will leave you feeling satisfied but not bloated.
- 800 g pumpkin cooked mashed
- 4 cups coconut milk unsweetened
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tblsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 cup raspberries or any berry, frozen is fine
- 1/4 cup shredding coconut topping
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt optional topping
- Place the pumpkin mash, coconut milk, shredded coconut, maple syrup, cinnamon powder and salt in a pot and stir to combine.
- Gently heat over medium to medium-low for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle the porridge into bowls and top with fresh raspberries and additional shredded coconut, and coconut yogurt if desired. Serve warm.
Alternative options for pumpkin are butternut squash or sweet potato.Be careful to purchase unsweetened items – especially shredded coconut, coconut yogurt, and coconut milk.
Calories: 658kcal Carbohydrates: 34g Protein: 9g Fat: 60g Saturated Fat: 53g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 189mg Potassium: 1357mg Fiber: 6g Sugar: 13g Vitamin A: 17040IU Vitamin C: 28mg Calcium: 130mg Iron: 10mg