The number one complaint we help people overcome is fatigue, which is closely followed by weight loss. And the last place most people tend to lose weight is their belly or their thighs.
Today I have some evidence based information on the reason for stubborn belly fat that your doctor doesn’t tell you about.
Causes of stubborn belly fat
- Food intolerances – specifically, eating foods that you are intolerant to.
- Any digestive abnormality – eg slow digestion, low appetite, constipation.
- Gut Dysbiosis – an unhealthy balance of microbes in the gut resulting in health disturbances.
- Hypothyroidism – even sub-optimal levels.
- Regular use of NSAIDs (eg ibuprofen)
- Regular use of PPIs (eg nexium)
- Many medications – eg prednisone, antidepressants, contraceptive Pill.
- Catecholamine imbalances – an issue in chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, Cushing’s syndrome, sleep disorders and chronic stress.
- Menopause – weight gain trends shift to accumulate around the middle – but you don’t have to put up with it!
- Fatty Liver – regular alcohol consumption – a.k.a. Beer Belly.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Women with this condition are resistant to insulin, so it may cause weight gain around the belly.
- And just to be technically thorough, I’ll add what we all know already – Overeating and not exercising.
Where to start
That’s a LOT to consider!
Luckily, there is one field of specialisation and training that addresses these factors in an evidence based and scientific approach.
That field is called Functional Medicine.
A Lucy Rose practitioner looks at your entire health history, your diet, your lifestyle, and current functional pathology to design a corrective health plan tailored to you, and no one else.
Your plan will include nutritional corrective supplements at clinically validated doses known to ‘correct’ levels, herbal medicine to guide the body back to balance, diet guidance based on your pathology, and lifestyle recommendations to tie it all together.
The result? Better sleep, more activity, reduced stress levels, and much more.
Google Testimonial from Elaine:
“I’m so glad I found the Lucy Rose Clinic …. I have lost the foggy head with frequent memory loses, my energy and stamina has returned, I’m sleeping much better, and finally I’m losing weight …. Having the support and encouragement helps keep me on track. I definitely recommend Lucy Rose Clinic”
We’d love to help you too! Book a free 15 minute appointment to chat with us!