Here is a really fast and easy recipe that is made with minimal ingredients. So much healthier than packet curry sauces, and a lot tastier and easier to digest!
Prep Time 10 minutes – Cook Time 25 minutes – Serves 4
- 4 Fish Pieces – choose a firm white fish
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tablsp coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Yellow Mustard paste
- 2 Green chilies
- Salt to taste
- 1 small cauliflower – for rice
- mustard oil
- Mustard seeds
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 2 Dry Red Chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon Nigella seed or Onion seeds
- Mix chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice in a bowl and marinate fish in it for 30 minutes.
- Add cubed sweet potato and stir to coat.
- Heat oil in a pan; fry fish pieces in it until 3/4th cooked. Fry potatoes in the same oil. Remove from pan.
- Add all ingredients under “For seasoning” to the hot pan and cook stirring for a few minutes. Then add and sauté onions.
- Add slit green chilies and ginger and garlic paste; sauté.
- Then add all spice powders; sauté until the aroma is released.
- Add mustard paste and sauté.
- Add required water and bring it to boil.
- Add fried fish and potatoes; cook covered.
- Cook for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve with steamed cauliflower rice.
Method for easy cauliflower rice:
- Steam florets until tender.
- Use a potato masher to break up the florets to resemble rice.
- Serve hot.