This recipe is low in starchy carb and high in protein, and will have you feeling satisfied without adding on the kilos.
It’s the perfect solution for a low carb, high protein diet. I bet your family doesn’t even realise the rice is cauliflower. Mine didn’t the first time I made it 😉
>> Health Benefits
The spices in this meal are anti-inflammatory, digestive, and warming.
Eat only to the point of satisfaction – not indulgence – and you will love adding this meal to your weekly menu.
Enjoy! This dish is 5★ for taste!
1 onion (approx. 100g)
2 cloves garlic, peeled
10g ginger (4cm)
1 medium heat chilli (adjust depending on how hot you like it)
40g ghee or oil
2 tsp sweet paprika
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tsp Himalayan salt
80g tomato paste
250g cream (coconut cream if Dairy Free)
40g almond meal (omit for Nut Free)
1 tsp garam masala
1.2kg boneless chicken thighs, cut into 3-4cm pieces
Almond flakes and fresh coriander to serve
800g cauliflower 40g salted butter 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Finely chop onion, garlic, ginger and chilli
- In a pan, add ghee/oil, onion, garlic, ginger and chilli, cook until onion is translucent
- Add all spices except garam masala
- Cook 2-3 minutes, until the spices are just starting to stick, add tomato paste, cream and almond meal, mix well. If you have a blender, thermal cooker or hand stick blender, blend to a smooth sauce.
- Move sauce to a slow cooker, add chicken, cook on low for 5-7 hours (timing here will vary depending on your slow cooker, check meat is tender)
- Stir through the garam masala
- Grate or chop cauliflower until it resembles rice size pieces
- Pan fry cauliflower with butter and cumin seeds until cauliflower is tender
- Serve curry on top of cauliflower rice
- Garnish with toasted almond flakes and fresh coriander
Stores in fridge for up to 5 days and frozen up to 3 months.