Today’s recipe was shared by one of our members Heather! She loves this recipe because she can bring it out when she has guests and it doesn’t go against her eating plan which is gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free.
I’m sure some of our readers will enjoy this alternative too.
BUTTERMILK AND SULTANA SCONES GF DF
- 100 g Well & Good Self Raising Flour
- 100 g FG Roberts Self Raising Flour GF
- 50 g rice flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 50 ml paleo buttermilk (coconut milk with 1 tablespoon white vinegar)
- 250 ml coconut yoghurt – natural
- 50 g sultanas
- 50 g butter or substitute
- milk of choice for glazing
- Sift the flours, baking powder, xanthan gum, into a large bowl. Add the butter and using your fingertips, rub it into the dry mixture until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the yoghurt, buttermilk and sultanas, and mix to form a soft dough ball.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface and roll out to a thickness of approximately 2-3 cm.
- Cut out 8 – 10 rounds with a scone cutter and place on the baking tray. Brush with milk.
- Bake in the preheated oven 190 C for 20 mins until well risen and golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Do you want personalised one-on-one care?
We can chat with you about your symptoms and help figure out if you need more investigative care around your health.