Are you keen to do a Spring Detox, or diet overhaul? Then join us! We’ve combined community with clinical know-how to offer MORE support than ever before! And these juice recipes are great additions to do as you do our 14-Day detox program.
Detox or not, this is a great any time meal! This is one recipe from our 14-Day Detox Challenge.
Meat-free options in the notes below as well 🙂
- 2 chicken thighs diced
- 4 bacon rashes diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cos lettuce or mixed lettuce or rocket or baby spinach
- 2 eggs hard boiled and quartered – leave out if egg-free or AIP
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime juice of and zest
- 1 tblsp apple cider vinegar with the mother – organic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 anchovies optional
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- Heat a frypan and add the coconut oil and bacon and cook until slightly brown. Add in the chicken, the salt and pepper and cook until brown and cooked through.
- To make the dressing put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds or until thoroughly combined and the desired thickness. If you don’t have a blender, put in a mason jar and shake to combine.
- In a large bowl combine the cos lettuce, chicken, eggs and bacon. Stir through a few tablespoons of dressing and mix well. The remainder of the dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
Vegetarian Option:2 cups of pre-cooked quinoa to replace chicken and bacon.Vegan Option:2 cups of pre-cooked quinoa to replace chicken and bacon. Leave out eggs and anchovies. Photo: recipe photo has additional avocado slice and chopped tomato.
Calories: 893kcal Carbohydrates: 5g Protein: 31g Fat: 84g Saturated Fat: 23g Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g Monounsaturated Fat: 44g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 306mg Sodium: 767mg Potassium: 473mg Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Vitamin A: 1582IU Vitamin C: 10mg Calcium: 60mg Iron: 2mg