I thought it was time to share a sweet little treat that everyone could enjoy!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tblsp gelatin powder
- 1 tblsp lukewarm water
- 1 tblsp hot water
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup carob powder
- 2 bananas over ripe and mashed
- 2 tblsp coconut cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare the gelatin – sprinkle the powder over lukewarm water in a small bowl. Wait a minute or two, then add in the very hot water. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine the coconut flour and carob powder in a bowl. Combine the melted coconut oil, gelatin mixture, mashed bananas and coconut cream in a separate bowl. Add the wet banana mixture to the coconut flour and carob mixture and combine until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a small, greased baking dish (approx. 6-in x 6-in), smooth the top and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Use a cake tester to ensure the it is cooked, then remove and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, cut into 6-8 squares depending on the size you like.
Calories: 195kcal Carbohydrates: 27g Protein: 5g Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 9g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 1g Sodium: 40mg Potassium: 224mg Fiber: 11g Sugar: 11g Vitamin A: 21IU Vitamin C: 3mg Calcium: 48mg Iron: 1mg
Need a hand finding the right fuel for your body? Why not pick up a free call with our Health Team – nutrition is one of their favourite topics, so they’ll have lots of tips to help you out in the kitchen!
To get your free Phone Consultation, just click here and choose a time – easy!