Who else is loving soups?
I’ve been enjoying many different recipes, as well as trying some new ones. I’ve even been having chicken bone broth for breakfast – such a nourishing and energising start to the day!
Today is a tasty soup suitable for Autoimmune diets, Vegan, and most food intolerances.
Creamy Spiced Winter Soup – AIP, Paleo, GAPS, Vegan
2 generous serves
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups sweet potato cubed
- 2 cups golden beets cubed
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tbsp ginger fresh, finely grated
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Peel and cube the butternut squash and beets, making the beet cubes a little smaller than the squash.
- Steam both until almost tender (about 10-15 minutes).
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until soft. Add garlic and ginger and cook another minute.
- Add the coconut milk. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Finally, add the steamed squash and beets. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are soft and have absorbed most of the spiced coconut milk. This takes about 15 minutes, but you can also turn down the heat and allow it to soak in longer for added flavor.
- Salt to taste.
NUTRITION – total
Calories: 1417kcal Carbohydrates: 106g Protein: 20g Fat: 111g Saturated Fat: 98g Sodium: 424mg Potassium: 2986mg Fiber: 18g Sugar: 34g Vitamin A: 37830IU Vitamin C: 35mg Calcium: 247mg Iron: 19mg