Today we have another breakfast idea – suitable for most people!
Egg-Free, Gluten Free, Autoimmune, Vegan, and delicious!
- ⅔ cup almond flour also called ‘meal’
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 banana ripe and mashed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for frying
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup strawberries
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup water filtered
- 1½ tbsp sweetener your choice – Rapadura or Stevia or Raw Honey for example
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn down to low and cook a further 15 minutes – or until it thickens.
- Can be used hot, or cooled in the fridge.
- Grab a bowl and sift the flours, and add the baking powder.
- In another bowl, mash the banana. Stir through the maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla, and coconut yogurt and mix until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well until you have a batter consistancy. Add more coconut milk if it is too thick.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan. Once hot, spoon the pancake batter to the pan and fry for around 3 minutes on each side.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Assemble your pancakes on a plate and pour the compote on top. Add any extras you like, such as berries, shredded coconut, etc.
NUTRITION – per serve
Calories: 729kcal Carbohydrates: 65g Protein: 19g Fat: 53g Saturated Fat: 32g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 3mg Sodium: 1175mg Potassium: 655mg Fiber: 14gSugar: 24g Vitamin A: 65IU Vitamin C: 37mg Calcium: 178mg Iron: 6mg
Need help finding the right diet for you?
Book a free consult today and start a new relationship with food. Book Now!