An AIP entrée that will probably get eaten first!
When going to parties, there will be lots of foods that will leave you feeling yuk on offer. Chips fried in vegetable oils, dairy and preservative loaded dips, pastry encased small goods…. so today’s recipe is another option to serve up so you can stick to your healing plan, all the while fitting in and socialising.
Warning. Make heaps, because these will go fast! Even kids will love them!
Serve up with an AIP dip – I would make a coconut yogurt raita or garlic sauce.
Garlic Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
Around 4 serves
- 1 breast of chicken
- 9 bacon rashes
- 3 tblsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with bleach free baking paper.
- Cut chicken up into bite size pieces.
- Place the garlic powder into a bowl and role each chicken bite in the garlic powder.
- Trim the bacon strips. Place the chicken bite on the bacon and trim the bacon so the strip is as wide as the long side of the chicken. Cut the ribbon. Depending on the length of the bacon, cut the strip 1/3. You want each chicken to have 1 + 1/2 complete wrap around with bacon.
- Wrap each short bacon piece around each garlic chicken bite. Place the bacon wrapped chicken bites on the baking tray. Try to space them out so they’re not touching.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the bacon turns crispy. Turn the pieces after 15 minutes for even browning.
NOTES: Serve on a platter with toothpicks for your guests to eat mess-free.
NUTRITION: Calories: 308kcal Carbohydrates: 9g Protein: 20g Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 7g Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g Monounsaturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 69mg Sodium: 400mg Potassium: 439mg Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Vitamin A: 35IU Vitamin C: 1mg Calcium: 14mg Iron: 1mg