So, why does the GP say I’m ‘normal’?
We hear this every single day in the clinic.
Many people experience symptoms of poor function, or sub-optimal function, of our thyroid gland or our adrenals, for a long, long, time before they’re actually picked up by standard blood tests.
That’s because standard testing is all about diagnosing diseases. However, you can be on the road to a disease for years, living with many of the symptoms, and experiencing poor health. Or you can do something about it.
If you’re tired all the time, struggling to fall asleep or restless during the night, feeling irritable, pushing through brain fog or, no matter what you eat or how much exercise you do, you just can’t shift the weight, you could very well have a thyroid imbalance causing it ALL!
The key is discovering the sub-optimal imbalances BEHIND the symptoms. If you have a symptom, there will be a reason. And if your doctor told you your results are all normal, then you most likely have sub-optimal issues that require a different type of testing to understand. That is where we come in. We specialise in testing imbalances, discovering the root cause, and using natural therapies that are scientifically validated and tested, to reverse the problem and return your health.
Got questions? No worries, we have a free introductory phone consultation service available where you can talk directly to a naturopath all about YOU! Click here to book in.
Teetering on the edge of OVERWHELMED
One of our clients – we will call her Lee – came to us to “see if it’s my thyroid”.
Her symptoms were terrible, but all she’d heard from everyone else was that everything was normal. She was just managing to work full-time, but her life was on hold due to her health.
- Energy rating – 0. She would drag herself out of bed after hitting snooze at least 3 times every morning. Waking was actually a physical and mental effort.
- Diet – fast food and take away. Lee was barely getting out of bed, she definitely didn’t have enough energy to cook!
- Brain fog. She found her thinking was slow, she was losing her train of thought mid-sentence, and her output at work was half what it used to be.
- Home life. Her life had become eat-sleep-work, rinse and repeat. There was no room for joy, she just didn’t have the energy for it. She would get home and have a nap, wake briefly for dinner, watch a little bit of television, and then go straight back to bed. She was barely present in her own home and it had become a huge strain on her family relationships.
- Sleep. Lee was sleeping like a log… and still waking exhausted.
- Stress. Everything was stressful. Lee said that any expectation placed on her seemed like a massive burden, she was struggling with anxiety and depression, and said she felt regularly overwhelmed for no reason. She felt like she was going mad.
Lee’s Treatment Plan
Lee’s body was really out of balance, even though her GP said she was fine.
After going through our clinical testing process, which covers sensitive hormone studies, vitamin and mineral levels, toxin levels, methylation function, detoxification capacity, food intolerances, and inflammatory markers, it was obvious that no matter what she’d been told, what Lee was dealing with wasn’t ‘normal’.
We discovered that her thyroid was on the verge of being considered serious enough to register on standard tests – but that it would have likely been another year before she received ANY medication.
She worked together with her GP and her Lucy Rose naturopath to discover the missing pieces to her puzzle and the REAL reason she wasn’t feeling well.
After just three months of correct treatment, Lee began to see results!
Today her symptoms look like this:
Stress: No longer overly affected by minor setbacks, Lee says she rolls with the punches.
Sleep: Waking easily! Lee even reported that she often wakes just before her alarm and has started getting up and going for a walk before breakfast.
For the first time in years, Lee is spending time with her husband, doing activities with her family, and seeing her friends again.
She has her life back.
Check your thyroid!
If you’re dealing with more than three of these, it might be time to get more investigative testing:
- Tiredness & sluggishness.
- Dryer hair or skin.
- Sleeping more than usual.
- Weaker muscles.
- Constant feeling of cold.
- Worsening memory – brain fog.
- Puffy eyes.
- Difficulty with math.
- Gaining weight easily.
- Outer third of eyebrows sparse.
- Clumsy – unsteady gait.
- Irregular periods.
- Carpal tunnel.
- Heart rate fluctuations.
We have practitioners on call that are ready to answer your questions, discuss our protocols, and, most importantly, listen!
People get amazing value from a complimentary appointment (valued at $97 but yours FREE if you book via this email).
- Learn how The Lucy Rose Clinic is different for other health practitioners.
- Discover if your symptoms are ‘normal’.
- We can work with anyone – we are a telehealth clinic!
- Testing and supplements are delivered to your door.
- Truly holistic programs that cover testing, support, diet, exercise and mental wellness.
Easier to ring us? Call us at 1300 THYROID (1300 849 764)
We look forward to getting to know you soon!