July 19th is International Ice Cream Day, so I got a bit excited and decided to share an AIP superfood ice-cream recipe early 🙂
Whilst it is full of nutrition and taste – it is high calorie as well – so if you are trying to lose weight, beware, because this is moreish!
- 1 can coconut cream full fat
- 4 sprigs lavender flowers pull the flowers off the stem for use
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- 3 small ripe bananas or 2 large – chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 1 tblsp grass-fed gelatin
- 1 cup cherries pitted and chopped
- Use a medium pot on medium heat. Place coconut milk, lavender flowers, vanilla extract and sea salt in pot and bring to a low boil. Simmer for 10 minutes stirring regularly.
- Remove pot from heat, cover, and sit for 30 minutes to let the lavender infuse
- Remove the lavender flowers with a small strainer.
- Put pot back on low heat and add bananas
- Stir over low heat, mashing/breaking up the banana.
- Add the coconut butter and stir well to combine
- Add the gelatin and stir well to dissolve the gelatin
- Add the cherries, stir well and allow to simmer for another 5-10 minutes
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5-10 minutes to allow flavours to blend
- Stir once more and transfer ingredients to a freezer safe bowl and in your freezer
- Freeze for approximately 2 hours, stirring every 20-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 490kcal Carbohydrates: 32g Protein: 9g Fat: 39g Saturated Fat: 31g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 1g Sodium: 26mg Potassium: 654mg Fiber: 7g Sugar: 15g Vitamin A: 71IU Vitamin C: 12mg Calcium: 25mg Iron: 3mg
Need a hand finding the right fuel for your body? Why not pick up a free call with our Health Team – nutrition is one of their favourite topics, so they’ll have lots of tips to help you out in the kitchen!