We all know salads are a great choice but somethings they do get a little…… boring.
When it comes to dressings you don’t want to blow the calories by using a supermarket dressing full of hidden sugars and poor quality salt, but you want more than just olive oil and lemon juice.
Today we have a delicious salad that is perfect for BBQ’s, parties and as a side to your meal.
Plus is Paleo friendly!
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cup green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 2 x 400g cans of chickpeas- drained
- ¼ cup of sultanas
- ¼ cup diced dates
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin *
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric *
- ½ teaspoon of Himalayan or Celtic Sea Salt
- ¼ cup parsley
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey
*organic spices taste a lot better
- Grate the carrot
- Cut green beans into 5cm lengths with diagonal cuts. Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Assemble ingredients in a bowl, add in the dressing, and mix well.
- We recommend the Garlic Aioli with this salad.
Garlic Aioli – makes 3 cups
- ½ cup of plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- ½ teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan Salt
- 2 cups of olive oil
- ½ to 1 cup of room temperature water
- Select a blender or food processor
- Blend all ingredients except oil and water
- While blending, slowly add in oil and then add water at the end until you reach your desired consistency
Make sure your olive oil is at room temperature to begin with. The dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Need help figuring out the right diet for YOU? Book a consult with Australia’s Thyroid and Weight Loss Experts!