This is a fast easy one-pot dish to use when you don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen.
For a weight loss approach, replace the starchy root vegetables with zucchini, cauliflower and mushrooms.
Oh – and this is suitable for AIP diets 🙂
One-Dish Paleo Chicken Dinner
- 1 whole chicken, chopped into sections, skin-on
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, wedged
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 slices bacon, optional
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. In a bowl, mix the olive oil, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken skin-side up into a baking dish. Add the sweet potato, carrots, parsnips, and red onion. Drizzle everything with the olive oil mixture and rub well to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with rosemary sprigs. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, turning the vegetables once halfway through and basting the chicken.
- Optional, place the bacon into a large pan and cook until crisp. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate and dice into small pieces. Remove the rosemary sprigs from the chicken dish and sprinkle with bacon.
- Serve warm.