This is a great protein boost to have as a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack.
Protein Matcha Balls
Around 12 balls
- 50 g Dates fresh, pitted
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 50 g pear dried
- 2 tbsp protein powder
- 2 tsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 100 g cashews or pistachios
- 1 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 100 g pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp organic wheatgrass juice powder
- some filtered water for mixing
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT DESICCATED COCONUT to food processor.
- Pulse until well combined.
- Form into 1-1.5 inch balls by rolling in your hands.
- Put desiccated coconut in a small bowl. Roll each ball in coconut to cover the surface.
- Store covered in fridge for 1-2 hours before eating.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
If you are on the AIP diet, make these modifications:
- Protein powder – dairy free collagen protein is AIP compliant
- In place of nuts, use Tigernut Flour.
- In place of Tahini, use coconut yogurt.
- Pumpkin seed – easiest to leave it out and add a little more protein powder. But you could use chestnuts.
Calories: 3179kcal Carbohydrates: 203g Protein: 107g Fat: 240g Saturated Fat: 111g Polyunsaturated Fat: 40g Monounsaturated Fat: 70g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 47mg Sodium: 135mg Potassium: 3839mg Fiber: 48g Sugar: 101g Vitamin A: 332IU Vitamin C: 10mg Calcium: 312mg