Today I am building on yesterdays email which got great feedback from you guys!
It’s a sad reality that the term perimenopause is really hard to relate to as a woman.
It’s a word we may connect to ‘old’ people, and many women never contemplate the fact that they too will experience this – and it happens a lot sooner than we expect. In fact, women can enter this phase as young as 38 years old – and with our new empowered career culture, many women are putting off having children till then.
This is not to say that you can’t fall pregnant, but it can be a time where fertility is more challenging.
Today I have a DYI assessment to help you see if you could be in perimenopause.
Check your symptoms and book an appointment to get your hormone balance into the optimal zone.
Standard pathology is not a fail-proof way to diagnose perimenopause.
Due to the variable nature of the hormones estrogen and progesterone through perimenopause, it is easy to miss a diagnosis of perimenopause. However, symptoms are a medically recognised way to see if you are in this ‘second puberty’ phase of life.
Do you have 3 or more of the following?
- Suddenly having heavier and/or longer menstrual flow
- Suddenly have sore or swollen, lumpy breasts
- Your period cycle is less than 26 days
- Menstrual cramping is more intense
- New or increased migraine headaches
- Sudden weight gain without changing diet and lifestyle
- Waking throughout the night/morning
- Getting night sweats, particularly in the days before the period starts
- New or increased mood swings
If you have 3 or more of these symptoms, you could be in perimenpause, and you could be getting treatment to reduce the severity of your symptoms so you can enjoy this amazing time of your life.
Book in your first appointment and we can talk all things hormones!
Symptoms of LOW Progesterone and HIGH Estrogen
- Irregular Periods
- Pre-menstrual syndrome
- Irritability, anxiety and mood swings
- Infertility or miscarriages
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
Symptoms of HIGH Estrogen and Histamine
- Migraines or headaches
- Joint pain
- Breast pain and heaviness
Review from Courtney
“I was running on vapours before; exhaustion and extremely low energy all the time, 20kg over weight, brain fog, poor memory and focus basically 28 going on 80. 6mths on, I have my life back”