Today I have a delicious treat recipe so you can keep it healthy and clean even when hosting parties.
Opting to live a healthy diet involved avoiding food additives, colourings and preservatives. Rather than blow your health on processed, sugar laden, dairy based treats, why not make something that will nourish you as well as tickle the taste buds 🙂
Raw Lemon Cheesecake Slice
Here is a healthy version of a festive favourite treat! Gluten and Dairy FREE!
- 150g almonds or almond meal
- 120g Medjool dates
- 2oml water
- 380g raw cashews
- Juice of one lemon and also the rind
- 100g coconut oil
- 50g sugar- healthier option coconut sugar or substitute with sweetener of your choice (you may need to adjust quantity)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Line a slice tray with baking paper.
- Soak raw cashews in boiling water for 30 minutes.
- Process the almonds, dates and water at high speed in a food processor or skip the almonds if using almond meal.
- Press the crust firmly into the base of the slice tray.
- Drain the cashews then add them to the food processor with the lemon juice, coconut oil, sugar and vanilla essence and blend at high speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat if necessary.
- Spread filling mixture evenly on top of the crust. Garnish with the reserved lemon rind and set in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Cut into slices to serve (you should get 16 slices.)
Will keep in the fridge for 4 days.