Today I have a different take on the traditional Christmas Roast. Living in a hotter climate makes roast meals not as seasonally suitable, and many Aussies love having a seafood Christmas.
So this recipe could be the center point of your family feast, surrounded by fresh prawns, crunchy salads, and good conversations!
- 1.6 kg side of salmon pinboned and skin on
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 lemon sliced plus cheeks to serve
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1 bunch small red radishes
- 1 bunch dill pick the sprigs
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 tblsp maple syrup
- 1 pomegranate scoop the arils out
- 2 tblsp parsley finely chopped
- sea salt and pepper to season. Omit black pepper if AIP
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced (200°C conventional). Line a roasting tray large enough to fit salmon with baking paper.
- Place salmon on prepared tray and drizzle with olive oil, then arrange lemon slices on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until salmon flakes when tested with a skewer.
- Meanwhile, use a mandoline or vegetable peeler to finely shave asparagus lengthways, and finely shave radishes. Toss in a bowl with dill.
- To make pomegranate dressing, whisk zest, juice, oil and syrup in a small bowl to combine. Season. Stir in arils and parsley.
- Toss half of the dressing with asparagus salad, then pile on salmon. Scatter with herbs and serve with lemon and remaining dressing.
NUTRITION: Calories: 618kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 58gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 129mgPotassium: 1824mgFiber: 6gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 1677IUVitamin C: 40mgCalcium: 94mgIron: 6mg
Need help figuring out the right diet for YOU? We will guide you with scientific food intolerance testing, whilst also taking into account your immune health status, genetic individualities, and health goals.
Book a consult and we can discuss your symptoms and devise a strategy to get you feeling great!