Sweet potato doesn’t contain the alkaloids that white potatoes do. Many people find relief from arthritis, IBS, Hashimoto’s and other chronic inflammatory diseases by avoiding white potatoes, and the other members of the nightshade family, such as tomato, capsicum and eggplant, for a period of time.
Avoiding white potato doesn’t mean going totally without the comforting feeling they give – try sweet potato instead!
Makes 2 serves. Prep time 10 min. Cook time 8min (if using a microwave) Calories: 233kcal per serve.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/4 cup cauliflower rice
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- juice of 1/2 small lime
- salt to taste
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons of salsa Verde
- 1 small handful of fresh coriander
- Wash and pat dry the sweet potato, then slit a few times with a sharp knife.
- Place into microwave for 6-8minutes, until insides are soft enough to scoop out.
- Cut sweet potato in half and gently scoop out the insides, leaving a small amount of sweet potato around the inside perimeter of the skin. Save the leftover sweet potato mash for a separate meal if desired.
- Reheat the shredded chick and add the salsa Verde. Mix together in a small bowl.
- Layer two tablespoons cauliflower rice in each half of the burrito, then top with salsa verde shredded chicken and fresh coriander.
- Serve or wrap in beeswax wrap to serve.