Nutritional Medicine is the science of the nutritional status of food, and how the body uses those nutrients. It includes the process of ingestion, digestion, absorption, metabolism, transport, storage and excretion of those nutrients.
Nutrients are the building blocks of our physical body. When the body is supplied with the correct balance of foods, vitamins and minerals the body can heal many imbalances, and remain healthy.
A naturopath or nutritionist is also trained in using high dose supplements – termed megadosing – to attempt to correct a system imbalance or disorder. A Megadose is the term used for any nutrient prescribed many times over the RDI of that nutrient. To help the public avoid taking toxic megadoses of nutritional products, the TGA has established recommended daily intake levels, or RDIs, determining the intake level that is safe for a healthy person to take, taking in the health effects to the general population. A trained practitioner will use very different doses to the RDI which is based off pathology, symptomology, dietary intake history, and health history. This effectively is using nutrients as medicine.
The six classes of nutrients include:
Did you know?
- We are all unique, therefore a nutritionist will assess you individually to recommend an appropriate diet
- Diet is an important factor in heart disease, stroke, hypertension, cancer, diabetes mellitus and obesity
- The National Health and Medical Research Council recommends 5 – 6 servings of vegetables every day for the average adult. Nutrient dense and low kilojoule, vegetables are an excellent source of minerals and vitamins
Where Science Helps
We run 220 individual foods against our patients blood sample to test their level of intolerance to the protein fractions in each food.
This data builds a list and accurately guides you to know exactly what you can and can’t eat, and when followed for 3-6 months, can correct the intolerances, heal the gut, and calm an overactive immune system. Most importantly of all, it will dramatically reduce inflammation in the body, which like a ripple in a pond, effects all the hormones positively, leading to wonderful, fast results.
People report the following benefits after following their food intolerance meal plan for just 4 weeks;
- Weight Loss
- Better brain function and clearer thinking
- Better quality sleep
- More energy through the day
- Less headaches and body pain
- Better digestion and more consist ant bowel movements
- A flatter stomach (if they previously had bloating)
- Better mood
The power of nutrition and correct supplementing based on your body’s true needs can create amazing health outcomes!
We invite you to book your 1st appointment at no charge to learn how we can guide you to achieve all your health goals with a program that is more support than ever before!
What to expect in your appointment valued at $97 but yours free for a limited time:
- Fill out a confidential patient questionnaire to help us know your concerns before the call.
- Book an appointment time to suit your schedule.
- Speak with a Lucy Rose consultant.
- Full Telehealth service – ANYONE can work with us.
We can’t wait to speak with you!