Here’s a nutritious snack that you can keep in the fridge all through the holidays!
- 1/2 cup ripe avocado
- 170 g dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 tblsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tblsp unsweetened cacao powder leave aside to coat truffles
- 2 tblsp desiccated coconut leave aside to coat truffles
- Puree avocado in a food processor or blender until smooth and put aside.
- In a separate bowl, melt the chopped dark chocolate.
- When chocolate is completely melted, stir in coconut sugar and vanilla. Whisk until dissolved/combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture into food processor with pureed avocado and pulse again to combine.
- Put in the fridge for about 30 minutes to cool.
- Set aside two small bowls, one with cacao powder and the other containing desiccated coconut.
- Once truffles have cooled, roll the truffles into small balls. Lightly dust half the batch in cacao powder and the other in desiccated coconut. You can also coat in your favourite toppings.
- Keep the truffles in the refrigerator for up to one week.
NUTRITION Calories: 243kcal Carbohydrates: 20g Protein: 4g Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 10g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 14mg Potassium: 366mg Fiber: 6g Sugar: 9g Vitamin A: 29IU Vitamin C: 1mg Calcium: 30mg Iron: 4mg
Need help figuring out the right diet for YOU? We will guide you with scientific food intolerance testing, whilst also taking into account your immune health status, genetic individualities, and health goals.
Book a consult and we can discuss your symptoms and devise a strategy to get you feeling great!