Spring rolls are a great Spring recipe that can be made with meat, or vegetables and served with a healthy fresh salad and dipping sauce.
I’m sure you will love this easy recipe!
✓ Plus it is AIP for those with autoimmune issues 😉
- 1 paleo wrap (or you can use a cabbage leaf)
- 3/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 4 thin slices fresh mango
- 4 cooked prawns sliced in half (omit if vegetarian)
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 Tbls coconut aminos
- 1 Tbls Fish Sauce
- Whisk ginger, honey, aminos, fish sauce
- Blanch the cabbage leaves for 1-2 minutes in boiling water until soft, then put in a cold water bath to stop the cooking process.
- When ready to assemble, lay the soft cabbage leaves on a plate.
- Layer with cabbage, mango, shrimp and roll tightly.
- Serve with the dipping sauce and your choice of side salad.
Options: You can really play with tastes with this basic recipe. Try using cooked meat leftovers, egg, or tempeh for your protein.
The NUTRITIONAL factor
Spring is the time when the days become longer, and the weather is starting to warm up, but we still get some cold days.
You will find that your digestion will also shift with the season, leaning to more raw and lighter foods as we progress to the warmer months.
You may also crave more sour tastes, this is the liver wanting to detox more, so follow your body’s lead and enjoy more lemon, lime, and Apple Cider Vinegar with your meals.